I am looking for a location
What does childcare cost?
Request a guided tour
Exchange, extra, study days
Sometimes it is more convenient to bring your child to day care on a different day than agreed. You can request an alternative day at Mirakel or use credit hours.
Trade day = A day that you would like to trade with a day on which your child normally comes to childcare.
Credit hours (catch-up hours) = Hours missed due to a vacation (that falls outside of your package) or sick day are converted into credit hours if the absence is reported to the center or through the parent app. These credit hours can be used to make up a day.
Within all arrangements, parents can request exchange days or use credit hours, under the following conditions:
- Exchanging or using credit hours is only possible if staffing levels allow it.
- A public holiday or strike day cannot be converted into an exchange day or credit hour.
- Exchange days and credit hours must be taken within the same calendar year. Accrued credit hours expire on December 31.
- Parents with a 48- and 46-week arrangement can only use exchange days or credit hours in the care weeks corresponding to their contract.
- At the end of the placement agreement, non-captured days of absence expire. These hours cannot be used to purchase days after the care has been discontinued.
- The request for an exchange day or use of credit hours can be made no later than one month to two weeks in advance, because then we have the best insight into the possibilities.
- The exchange of days and use of credit hours is a service. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee that all missed days can be made up.
In addition to exchanging days or using credit hours, extra days can also be requested at the applicable daily rate. Here, too, the staffing level is leading.
On study days, the children can come to the nursery. However, we can only offer this service if more than 5 children are present. For clarity about the number of registrations for a study day, please contact the manager of the facility where your child is placed.
© 2019 Mirakel Kinderopvang.